The wait for the DJI Air 2 is finally over! Here’s a compact drone that can fly for 34 minutes with a 10 KM range. The exciting part is that the camera (non 360°) shoots 48MP photos, which is one of the highest resolutions seen in a consumer drone.
There’s more – 4K videos can be shot at 60 FPS and 8K for hyperlapse (slow-motion). With a 1/2″ CMOS sensor, the media is now clearer than ever, even when you’re really high.
Other welcome features include HDR functionality and FocusTrack, which makes this an easy to use drone camera for beginners.
Learn more here – DJI.com/Mavic Air 2. Choose your country and currency to buy. Orders limited to 1 per customer due to high demand. This is probably the best time to capture great aerial shots, with most people staying indoors.
New to Drones?
Drones allow you to capture aerial shots that may come across as ‘spectacular’ or ‘breathtaking’. When you shoot from a high level, you may be able to cover more detail along with a lot of natural content like greenery and water bodies.
Even in cities, you get the “bird’s eye” without the limitations of a regular DSLR or a 360 degree camera. If you’d like to capture animals and birds, a drone flown at a distance may get them at their natural best without scaring them off.
If you’re creating content for your YouTube channel, drones allow you to shoot cinematic videos. If you’re at an event, the aircraft can hover (fly at the same spot) so it appears as if it’s been shot by a third person from an elevated angle.
What Does it Take?
Yes, it’s surely not like buying an RC toy, but it’s not intimidating either. Governments do allow drone usage for recreational and commercial purposes. You’ll have to respect the regulations and look it up in the area you’re planning to use the drone at. Visit the following links to get an idea:
Common guidelines include:
– The unmanned aircraft should be in your line of sight.
– Do not fly near airports, so as to pose a risk to other aircrafts.
– Register yourself and the device, per the norms in your country.
– Inform local authorities about your plans and see if they may have some directions for you. In India, if you use a drone in any state, the nearest police station should be aware of it.
– Watch the altitude. You may not be permitted to fly beyond a limit.
– Don’t fly over people.
– Don’t fly after dark.
– Don’t fly too fast. Check for speed limits.
The DJI Mavic Air 2
Back to the fun stuff. Let’s take a quick look at the new launch, compared to the Mavic Mini and the Phantom 4 PRO V2.0.
- Highest photo resolution at 48 MP.
- Max flight time at 34 minutes.
- Forward, backward and downward obstacle sensing.
- Max hovering time – 33 minutes.
- Max flight distance – 18.5 km (no wind)
- Max tilt angle 35° – S Mode.
- Operating temperature from -10° to 40°C
- Internal storage of 8GB.
- SmartPhoto and HDR
- Bitrate: 120 Mbps.
The remote works in either of two frequencies – 2.4 and 5.8 GHz. There are clamps to fit your smartphone, and connects to the drone via OcuSync 2.0.
Ending on a High
The Mavic Air 2 is a palm-sized drone with an upgraded transmission, higher resolution, extended flight time and a host of other software features to create professional-looking content.
We will clarify in a future post, if consumer 360° cameras can be mounted on this drone. For now, you may still use this for HDR panoramic images. Go ahead and unbox!